Rebecca Rae Picker,
Founder and Facilitator
I am an art enthusiast, mother, and teacher with a passion for inspiring healthy, smart, and creative children. I graduated with a BA in Art from UCSC in 2001, and went directly into teaching after-school art and leadership programs for elementary and middle school girls. Now my passion for art continues at Studio Sprout.
I believe in the power of art because it:
- engages all the senses and involves a variety of modalities including the kinesthetic, auditory, and visual.
- exercises cognitive skills such as reasoning ability, problem solving, creativity and inventiveness.
- supports motor, language, and social-emotional development.
- shows children that problems can have more than one solution and that questions can have more than one answer.
- celebrates multiple perspectives.
- offers an outlet for expression beyond language.
We hope to see you in the studio soon!